1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Set Up For Spot Spraying With Tank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Fertboy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I would like some opinions on a spray gun & tip for spot spraying weeds. I have a 100 gal tank, with shurflo pump. The pressure usually runs at 40-60psi. Most of my lawns are at the point now I only need to spot spray weeds. I use triplet low odor, & momentum herbs. Looking for a good lower presure "Low drift" set up. I have been using a chapin 24" wand and trigger handle , with a k.10 tip from Spray Systems.

Thanks! Ed
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I would recomend installing a pressure release valve, if you don't already have one. All you need is a return line to the tank with a valve you can open, to lower pressure or close to increase pressure. I have used a tee-jet gun with a 24" wand with a 45 deg bend 4-6" from the end, the advantage to the tee-jet wand is that there is room for an inline filter at the tip, then I use a #26 adjustable cone tip, low drift, pretty good flow for spot treatment.
    If you want I'll take a pic tomorrow
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I would use a chemlwan gun with 1 gpm nozzle