Best Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by scorpian5, Apr 1, 2010.

1. scorpian5

scorpian5 LawnSite Member
    from wi

Hello, I farm with my parents and we have alway borrowed or rented skid steer for farm use and we are now looking to buy one. We have been looking at used ones but at least locally they are overpriced and the owners alway quote what the dealer will give them in trade. We need one that will pick up 1500 pound bales and we have tried oldish bobcats and case.The local dealers are Bobcat Case and New Holland. Most of the people we have talked to say now is the time to get a new machine because there are good deals and low financing. Does anyone have any examples of a good deal of a recent purchase?
  2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I can answer the 'best skid' part easily - Case 440.:)

I'm not sure what is out there right now but the end of last year I got some good deals. I'm at .9% for 60 months and got another year of warranty and didn't have to make payments over the winter. If you have the means there are low hour used stuff, just have to dig long enough.
  3. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Case 435 or 440 with VTS...:) If you can swing it,buy new.
  4. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Like the others have said, Case 440 :cool2:
  5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

bobcat 763
  6. sdp-1

sdp-1 LawnSite Member

cat if you can afford it.
  7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

by the kidding
  8. iluvpizza

iluvpizza LawnSite Member

I shopped around for a year before a I got the one I wanted. I just (Jan 2nd) got a 08 cat 297c fully loaded (heat/ac, enclosed cab, 2 speed, high flow, air ride seat, pilot controls, self level, power attach, AMICS, block heater, and a radio) it had 100 hours on it. Undercarriage had no wear, all service bulletins were updated. unit with 8' plow (snowwolfe) and 78" GP bucket Price paid was 58,500.00. I think i got a good deal. Just shop around checkout (you need a login name and pass code) machine trader online, and heavy equipment. You'll find something you like! Good luck and happy shopping.
  9. Caterkillar

Caterkillar LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an 08 Bobcat S175 with 213 hrs for 10k.
  10. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Case 440 for skid steer and Cat 297C or 299C (depending on type of use) fully loaded if you want to go with a tracked unit.