1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best software for landscaping and maintenance??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HTI, Nov 14, 2007.

1. HTI

HTI LawnSite Member

What is the best software for scheduling, invoiceing, work orders for 2 crews of maintenance and 2 crews of landscaping? I do like quickbooks for accounting.
  2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Look on the irrigation board over the past week or so, they listed a few. I am looking into hindsitesoftware.com for my needs
  3. jlaura

jlaura LawnSite Member
    from 33713

qxpress is an interactive scheduling software used with quickbooks. Take a look at it. I think it will meet your needs. But I'm from the old school. You should start with a common sense approach to running your business taking into consideration all the factors that affect your business. For instance, the number of employees, the locations of your customers, their specific demands with regards to cutting. You get the point. Most software simply help you maintain what you have decided through a thorough analysis of your bsiness. qxpress will invoice in Quickbooks after you have verified that job is completed. It also will print out work orders for scheduled events. There are a lot of advantages if its used right, however, qxpress can't do anything to help you with workers who don't show up for work, a truck or equipment that breaks down and throws you off schedule.

Best to you and your business. But most of all make your staff a part of your business and don't treat them like a piece of replacable equipment. Believe it or not a good worker is really hard to fine in this business. My final recommendation is to assign them to specific customers and reward them for a job well done.