Best Software??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lsylvain, Jun 20, 2007.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Hardcore dedicated quickbooks user ready to upgrade. The biggest problem I have with gopher, groundskeeper, etc is that the accounting portion pretty much sucks. Of course the problem with quickbooks is that there is no schedualing. I'm looking for the happy medium something that can handle schedualing but also generate quality financial reports in a resonable amount of effort. I'm trying to avoid multiple program set ups, such as programs that "talk" to quickbooks. Anybody know of anything?

2. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I looked and for the money I like my quickbooks pro/gopher set up. Importing data really isn't a problem at all and I get all of the reports that quickbooks offers. Also, my accountant preferes quickbooks so that makes it easier on him. There are a few report functions in Gopher but I prefer the data that quickbooks provides.

3. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

I just got qClip - which is a version of Clip minus the accounting - it intergrates with Quickbooks. It handles your contact management, scheduling, routing, estimating if you want...Can also integrate handled units and what not into.

www.clip.com

4. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Cool, how much was it? How long have you been using it? Of course I still have to upgrade my QB's so i'm going to be paying twice....

thanks

5. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

Still getting it setup hope to go live on 7/1 - But I did some research prior to and this seemed to be the best option

There are different versions of Qclip, I have a Pro/Multi-user option which cost me $1800 - they have versions for less...

6. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

qxpress & quickbooks

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the $800 qCLIP (and QBPro) and it does its job well, however I recommend qCLIPpro for the QExpress look and feel. The Version that I have is not the most user friendly. I will be upgrading as soon as I can.

Tim

8. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Like recommended above.. get Qxpress and it will integrate with quickbooks like Intuit made it themselves. Flawless.

At least for my uses I've never encountered a problem yet, but sometimes you will have to do a DB update if you have qb open and qxpress closed.

If your doing 30 or more accounts a week I think it is worth every penny.

I've used the demo of Clip, Gopher, Groundskeeper, and LawnPro. Qxpress is by far the best IMO.

9. athep

athep LawnSite Member

DON'T USE QXPRESS!!!

The program was great but the customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with.

I sold my business 3 months ago and called Qxpress to cancel. They said it was taken care of and I didn't worry about it.

I just went through my statements for the past three months and found out that they are still charging me.

I wasn't too worried because I figured they would be able to take care of it and give me the refund. No problem right?

I just got off the phone with Kevin (the sales rep) and he basically told me that it was my fault and they wouldn't refund the money. So i clarified "Are you telling me that I payed $90 because you guys didn't do your job?" He answered "I'm sorry we didn't taken care of it but since we have no way of refunding your money in our system there's nothing I can do about it. I will process is right now and you shouldn't get anymore charges after today."

There was no one else I could talk to and that was the only solution I was offered.

Big thanks to them.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...

there is NO such thing as best software