Best Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CuttingEdgeLC, Jan 20, 2004.

1. CuttingEdgeLC

CuttingEdgeLC LawnSite Member

I want to get some software for my computor to help me with my business. I do all mowing and some snow blowing. What do you guys suggest is the best software. Some pros and cons would be great.

2. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

I tried Groundskeeper...thought it was sort of difficult to get used to.
    I just downloaded Gopher, and like it very much, although I have only used it for a couple of days.
    Someone else suggested QuickBooks to me, so I am gonna give that a try too, before making a final decision....

3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Quickbooks Pro for contractors.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I use Quickbooks Pro 04 for my company management program. Just got it around Christmas and I takes some time to get it completely set up the correct way but will be a valuable asset to any company.
    Billing and Scheduling I use Gopher 2003. Just purchased it as well. Its the only scheduling software I've ever used and just playing around with it (season not yet kicked in yet) I can say its going to be outstanding.

You can run either one of these as stand alone programs. Gopher would be the best for your scheduling and Billing needs.

Gopher support is outstanding.

5. askarvelis

askarvelis LawnSite Member

I am curenntly using the Free Trial of Gopher and like it. I just wish it would have downloaded the help section also.

6. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

For simple billing and low cost try Quicken.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi CuttingEdgeLC,

You are welcomed to download and try our software.

Hi askarvelis,

Click here for the help file.

8. CuttingEdgeLC

CuttingEdgeLC LawnSite Member

Team Gopher,

I down loaded your program and it was a little hard to get at first, but then i worked on in for an hour or two and i think im getting it. How much does your software cost?

9. tryz

tryz LawnSite Member

i've been using lawn monkey now for 2 years and love it, it's easy to use as a data base and has lots of acounting and other features. go to alocet.com and you can download a trial version i think they changed the name to QXpress now.

hope i helped

troy

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I used Lawn Monkey last year and loved it. This year I upgraded (at no charge) to Qxpress. I have not played with it yet, so no comment on it, but I have heard it's pretty much the same. Qxpress uses QuickBooks for the accounting part...they are intergrated. I never used the accounting part of Lawn Monkey...looked pretty weak.