Best SOLO setup for lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by minilawn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

Hustler SD Fastrak 48" with an Exmark Commercial 30"

I think this would cover a wide range of property types, low entry cost, and great cut.

What are your thoughts?

2. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

if you have a better combo, please explain :cool2:

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good setup and versatile as long as you don't have large gated back yards that you would have to use the 30 on.

4. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm running.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

The 30 inch little guys are definitely great... I have been following the exmark and the toro threads here on LS... They will for sure help with those pesky gated backyards that nothing else will fit in... We always seem to use our little guy(21) for severe hills or other tough to get at spots and the 30 will NOT replace this application... just too heavy and cumbersome... That aside... My ultimate solo operator set up would be....... drum roll please!!... 1. Walker 26MTGHS with a 48 in. GHS deck and also a 56 in. SD deck(the extra deck can easily be stored at the front of the enclosed trailer) 2. Scag 36 WB (i prefer belt) Grass catcher optional 3. YBravo 25 in. 4. 2 Shindaiwa T242's(although i like the T235) 5. Shindaiwa 802 Back Pack 6. Shindaiwa HT232 40 in. hedge trimmers 7. Ford f350 dually with a 10ft. dump bed pulling a modest 7 by 14 enclosed trailer.

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I like the 52 ZTR/walk behind and 36 setup. Thats what I use and its great. Can cut anything. But if you need something that small you do, I have no need for anything smaller than 36, and even then I still barely use it.

7. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

Exactly what you run? Nice, pics?

8. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

52" would be nice, but so many gates at 48". So is the extra 4" worth it?

9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like the design of the throttle grip in which you have to hold your thumb half cocked to adjust speed... How does the Ex-Mark 30 handle as far as comfort and user-friendliness???

(we don't even have display models in this neck of the woods)...

10. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

On paper it's great. Still waiting for peak season, real world results.