1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best SOLO setup for lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by minilawn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

That's about what I run, a 48" Z-Force backed up with a 36" grandstand and the TurfMaster 30" really can't go wrong.
  2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Not really noticeable. Only difference is that on alot of model, the 52" are more commercial with bigger pumps and motors. But the extra cutting width really isnt a big deal at all. And as another point of pro for the 52, if you have the same brand 52 and 36, for the most part they will use the exact same blades.
  3. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

How do you like the GS 36" and the turfmaster. Have you done a review?

I'm very interested in both of those models.
  4. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

52 stand on, and a 20 toro for trim spots, all my gates fit the 52, except 2 , dont do those anymore, may add a 36 in the future
  5. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

48 vantage,TT hp 36 and toros 21". Had the 36 from the start tried guessing the hours on it somewhere around 5000 for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

All I can say what I was told by Woman that cut grass said she had a 48'' then got a 52'' than the 52'' was a lot faster so I got a 61''.:laugh:
  7. millie86

millie86 LawnSite Member

54" lesco Z-two and 36 great dane scamper hydro
  8. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

61in Tiger Cat had a turf tracer 48in which is being replaced by the new scag walk behind also a 48 and a 22 in toro 22in from home depot. if your looking new scag has 0% for 48 months and no payments till 9/1 i think it is http://www.scag.com/financing.html
  9. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

I really like the idea of a full-on walk behind. I had an encore 32" that worked great for a while, nice cut etc. However, I was having trouble finding belts/parts so I figured it was time to sell.

When looking to replace it, my first plan was to get a 32" scag. Dealer quoted me $3800. So the Exmark Commercial 30 seems like a great way to fill that deck size while saving $2k.
  10. lawnsquadnc

lawnsquadnc LawnSite Member

I use a 36 scag wb and it is the only mower I use unless, I have to bag the clipping then I use a 21 push mower.