Best spray gun?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tulialawncare, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Tulialawncare

Tulialawncare LawnSite Member

Just wondering what yall think the best spray gun is for lawn applications.

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

"Chemlawn" gun.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There is a LOT of different guns available out there, all kinds of configurations, single and multi nozzle, walking boom types with wheels, long wands, you name it. But look anywhere and all you see is guys using the Chemlawn guns...

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the 'chemlawn/lesco' gun is nice, but here is a revised version made by GNC it is alot more confortable and the shower caps have a stainless steel screen, insted of the 'plastic' ones on the 'chemlawn/lesco' also, their about $30 cheaper. here's a link to their site http://www.gncindustries.com/

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Chemlawn guns sometimes leak and fluid comes out the bottom of the handle on my (gloved) hand. The hose can get caught behind the trigger and break it off. I put a rebuild kit in mine every winter ($17.50). But I cannot get the valve seat loose--it has to stay. I use a short hose extension on the front of my CL gun. Keeps solution off your pants.

I have not tried the GNC gun, but I notice it has a guard so the hose will not get caught in trigger.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Personally for turf I like my 42" wand. I use a 2 GPM 40 degree tip and apply 5 gallons per thousand. Most of my properties are small with a lot of Cement that can be over sprayed. I find the wand held low will not over spray like a gun held at Belt height.

I also use the JD9 gun for shrubs and trees. But the shrub tank mix does not stain.

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

That's why it's leaking.:waving:

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Grassmechanic,

If you have a method that can remove the valve seat ring, I would like to hear about it.

Actually, I suspect leakage from the bottom of the handle probably has nothing to do with the valve seat. I replace the two tiny O-rings on the valve shaft--and that cures it--for a few months anyway. Also the O-rings do not seal well when the water is very cold--early spring can cause a little leaking.

9. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Riggle, do you have the valve seat removal tool from Lesco? It goes in up the stem and has two hooks on it. If you were closer I'd loan you mine. Not something you use often, but one of those "right tool for the right job" deals.

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i could never get the tool to work, i use a small pick made of metal