best Stand on mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jbroderman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. jbroderman

jbroderman LawnSite Member

i am looking for a new 52" deck, stand on. what company should i go with?
    i have 25 1/4-1/2 acre accounts. i have a 48 turf tracer that i am keeping.:usflag:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The original, often imitated, never duplicated, worth every dime...........................WRIGHT!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jbroderman

jbroderman LawnSite Member

What model should i look at? How much are they for a 52"

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The website has a full price list with engine and deck lift options. Your dealer may be able to go a few hundred under.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to agree with this we own 2 a 36rh and a 52 stander x tried the grandstand but didn't like being behind the wheels of the mower

7. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

You are going to get opinions with that question. It's subjective. I demoed an Exmark Vantage, but bought a Scag Vride 52". I like the Scag.

8. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

1 vote for Wright Stander X! Demoed Exmark, Toro, & Scag but just can't beat hillside stablility of a wright:) All are great cutting machines. The aero core deck is awesome compared to the older fixed decks.

9. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

My main competition has a 48" Toro grandstand and they love it! Usually they are running a aluminum catcher on it as well, but generally it cuts very nicely.
    I was talking to my dealer yesterday about them and asked about how well they did on hills. He said that the smaller models don't do so well, but once you get to 48" the width the overall weight really help it on hills. So with a 52" you shouldn't have any problems. I'd at least demo one, and see how you like it. What more does it cost you then your time?

10. B-I-L

B-I-L LawnSite Member
    from WNY