1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best stand on mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Huff11, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

New Gravely Pro Stance sticks like glue - the old ones were horrible on hills though
  2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

lot of good posts here…one thing i want to say, is make sure we are comparing apples to apples…first, the OLD gravely pro stance was the same mower as the old john deere quiktrak, both sucked major balls, especially on hills…the new ones look awesome and seem to have good reviews, i have yet to try it tho…so make sure there is no mix up there, completely different machines depending on the year

yes, wright makes the mowers for JD…can't argue with those, wright has the best track record out of anyone hands down, they also have over a decade more of R&D…i will say i don't know why they are coming out with a new model about every two years now, that's just aggravating, pick a model and stick with it and have the dealer stock THOSE parts…

service is key…for me that's JD hands down

i have owned toro, exmark, and john deere/wright standers…in my opinion the toro is the best overall, then JD, then exmark…toro was the best on hills, i could climb any hill with that thing, there isn't a ztr out there that could touch it…i have also owned a grasshopper, and going up hill backwards was the most impressive machine i've ever seen, but that's beside the point
  3. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

If your wanting to compare apples to apples in standers then you have to compare the gravely vs scag vs exmark. Comparing apples to oranges is any stand-on vs the toro grandstand. I cannot, and will not, ever understand why they put the controls where the operater would be standing on the deck to turn the machine on/off....