Best stick edger under $350

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by WillsLandscape, May 28, 2013.

1. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl FC90. Bought it at the beginning of last season. It has plenty of power and works great so far other than that I was having some idle issues with it recently and the tech at my local stihl dealer recommended running a little bit of sea foam mixed in with a couple tanks since it didnt have enough hours to justify doing a valve adjustment. Worked like a charm and runs like a top now.

3. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Tanaka has really worked great for me...

4. rdwittmann

rdwittmann LawnSite Member

I use the Stihl KM series. Love it. Lot of good attachments for pro use and you only have one engine to maintain.

5. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

The echo PE-266 or the Shindaiwa LE242. Both great machines under $350 (not including taxes). The PE-266 is going to be more powerful and more common since there are more echo dealers than shindaiwa

6. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl fc-km on a km110. They don't have any standalone stick edgers here in Canada so I couldn't comment.

7. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for the additional suggestions, guys. I currently have 2 old beat up walk behind edgers, one that doesn't run (working on fixing that issue) and has a few other problems, and another that was somehow hit by a car several years ago before i got it from my brother, which it somehow still works okay, but is literally held together with wire and some painters tape :dizzy:

I'd definately prefer to get a stick edger, I have used my brother's a few times and it just blows away the walk behinds in terms of speed, both in how fast you can walk and the blade speed, as well as maneuverability. My preferred brands are Stihl and Echo, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks!

8. rockerchris

rockerchris LawnSite Member

Funny for some reason I can find them! :p I have multiple Shindiawa's, you just need to order them.

9. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo. Have had the same two for years no problems

10. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

I have a curved shaft edger for my stihl Kombi, and the head fell off the shaft, and cannot get to stay on... NOT RECOMMENDED!