Best Stihl Commercial Line Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by LL Lawn, Feb 28, 2011.

1. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

The other difference is a 250 will EASILY last you five years or more under heavy use where as a 4-mix will normally last 2.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

FS90 what i would get if i got stihl.

3. lawnservicefreak22

lawnservicefreak22 LawnSite Member

Does your fs90R make a cling noise when you give the engine gas?

4. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

thats the clutch engaging ,pretty normal

5. bstsrvcs

bstsrvcs LawnSite Member

When I was a youngin' I loved my FS44 SO much! It may not have been the biggest, baddest trimmer, but there was something about it's weight and balance that was perfect for me.

6. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I used a fs110 last year this year I bought the fs130 and have been running it for a month or so. Today I used my fs110 on the first yard I mowed today. The fs110 is a dog I repeat dog compared to the fs130 it is like night and day.

7. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

For every day trimming you cant go wrong with the Stihl FS100RX. Theres not much maintainence on them. I just pulled mine out or storage for the winter last week. Both of them started on the 2nd pull.

8. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

fx100, its light and has enough power to never bog down, even in tall grass. its not that much more than a fx90 either

9. Procareope

Procareope LawnSite Member

The 100 and 110 are solid powerful units. The only thing to watch out for in these 4 mix engines is that they've had a tendency to build up carbon fairly quickly, ultimately leading to required service or worse. This obviously depends on frequency of use and the quality of fuel/oil you run, but it is something to watch out for over the long run. I would stick with a FS80 or consider other brands.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  10. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

The only place carbon builds up is in the muffler screen....you just have to unscrew 2 screws and spray some brake cleaner on it once a year. Its not a big deal at all. I would use a 4 mix over any shindy or red max piece of crap. They start and run 10 times better