1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best striping blades for JD 7iron II

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey guys I've had a JD 757 that I used gator blades on with a rolling kit and got decent stripes but I was wondering I'f anybody else had any suggestions for better blades that stripe the best I'm getting a 777 with 60' deck this year with the new 7iron II deck. Also where do you get them at the best price? Just curious gotta cut cost and look good doin it.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I had used an Exmark w/b for many years. Last May I added a JD 717A, with 7 Iron II deck, and used it on part of my properties (terrain, gates, etc prevented me from using it everywhere). My Exmark put down a pretty good stripe. My JD puts down almost no stripe. After making the mower change, I had several customers approach me, "... your new mower does a much better job of cutting than your other one."

In other words, those people who had not said anything for years about the quality of my work, came to me to offer compliments AFTER I started mowing with the JD. Stripes, nor no stripes ....? My disappointment of the JD putting down no stripes was rewarded with compliments and satisfaction from my customers.

I use OEM blades on my 7 Iron II deck.
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have a 7 Iron II deck but I can tell you that the OEM blades are much thicker and heavier than most of the Aftermarket blades that I have purchased for my 777. They are also a lot more expensive. My 777 stripes pretty well with the Stock blades and a roller:waving: