1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Sulky for Exmark Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hardatworknc, Jun 2, 2008.

1. We just purchased an Exmark Metro and are wondering which sulky would be best to buy. I've heard good things and bad things about Exmark's Stand-On unit. I'm also interested to hear about other units out there that would be compatible and would also allow us the option to mount to the mower when its loaded on the trailer. Or if there are units out there that are easy enough to install/uninstall from the mower when its time to store.
  2. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

we run a velkie X2 on the same mower and it works great. the mower dose not have any real problem towing it, only up really steep hills on which you would want to walk on, its the only thing ive used and i love it
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Velke is the original and best sulky. eXmark's Stand On is nice but they don't make a 2 wheel model.
  4. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

Be careful hardatworknc - Exmark does not recommend sulky's on the Metro. I'm not saying you are in trouble just pay close attention to your machine. :)
  5. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

I got to buy a new trans for my 32" Scag belt because of a sulky.