Best sulky value for 36" hydro WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used the eXmark Standon but liked the looks of it.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

there is no sub for the velkie x2-just buy it and be done. i started out using those cheap havner sulkys-but they wear out in 1 season. all one wheel desighns wear faster than the 2 wheels. you dont get as tired on a 2 wheel either.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the Velke single wheel behind 3 mowers. A Exmark GD 36, Ferris GD 36 and the Ferris SD 36. The only one I had trouble with the front end popping up was the Ferris SD 36 and that is because the front on those mowers is very light. The Velke worked very well behind the gear drive mowers.

4. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

I am also looking at the wheel caddy advertised on this website. The video looks very impressive. We ran the 1 wheel exmark stand ons this season, but I really don't like the single tire track down the middle, especially in soft conditions.

I would only run the single wheel if your operators are little guys, like less than 170 pounds.

5. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I run a two wheeled havener sulky behind my 36" Snapper pro gear drive. Works just fine other than that the wheel bearings are shot after one season. I'll have to replace the bearings over the winter but they aren't that expensive and pretty simple to replace.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OK so this is my best option? I don't want any part of a piece of junk that needs repair after one season. Also don't want a one wheeler - want to maintain stripe integrity:)

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Then I'd say the Vekle X2 is your best bet.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

yes -mine is on season 4 with NO repairs. just daily grease.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

where is the best place to buy the velke x2?

10. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

i just got a 36" scag belt drive walk behind and i got velky x2...its awesome, stripes excellent. get on ebay and you can find them new at reasonable prices