best time of year to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Sep 8, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Is there a best time of year to buy a mower, like I know boats and stuff goes on sale at the end of the season but are mowers starting to go on sale now or is there even like a best time to buy them?

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I've bought at the first of the season and the last of the season. I guess it depends on how good of a deal you are getting and whether or not you are paying cash or getting into a payment. I hate payments and I really would hate payments during the winter without being able to use the mower.

3. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

If you don't mind getting essentially 'last years' model, the fall/winter seems like you can get some good deals on dealer's remaining stock, they want to sell before the 2006 models come out in the spring. Of course that also holds true in the spring but you might find less 2005's still around. There are also special promo pricing/rebates sometimes available in the fall, and again in the June timeframe.

I'd say negotiate the best deal you can in the fall, and if it's not a good enough deal, wait for the winter or spring and take your chances that you can get a better deal. BUT, if you think you've got a great deal now, don't hesitate to grab it because you don't know what next spring will bring.