1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best time to buy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Simone Lawn Service, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

This will be only the second ztr I will have purchased. I'm sure many of you have purchased dozens in your careers. When should I buy? (getting an 04' 27/60 Lazer Z) I found a dealer within 50 miles of here that has 04's for $7800, which is $100 cheaper than the dealer in my city is charging for the 03's. The dealer says he knows of no upcoming promos (of, course he's going to say that). I only have about ten weeks (give or take) of mowing left, and I kind of hate to shell out all that money for it to just sit all winter. I know about the no payments till' April, but do they usually have special promos in the spring? Any input would be appreciated.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't heard of many upcoming model year closeouts unless the dealer is strapped for space. I have found that you can get good deals in the fall early winter because of space problems and the old model year. If you can get an 04 with what you want and a great price then I'd buy it now. You also get the tax write off starting this year so the actual price is lower than you think.

If you need it and it will help you by being more efficient then buy it now. Good Luck