1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

best time to look for new enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Aug 30, 2008.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

i just looking for some opinions on month or season and what day of week to look at enclosed trailers

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

is this a joke? what day of the week to look at an enclosed trailer?? am i missing something?

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

He wants to know when the best time to purchase is. When the dealers are hungry for business. I don't know the answer, but that's a pretty good question. Day of the week probably wouldn't make a difference. But the month likely would. Not knowing anything, I would guess October-January.

4. mower&more1986

Well what i found when the best time to buy car is at the end or near the end of the month. Not sure of its the same with trailer dealers.

5. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

The best time to look for a enclosed trailer is when... you can afford it! :wall

6. jimithing31

jimithing31 LawnSite Member

What size are you looking for? Ebay and Craigslist all the time. I just bought a 6x12 V-Nose on craigslist local to me for $1800. They bought it 4 months ago and it was too small for what they needed it for. I also have the original sales reciept, they purchased it for $2700. It's been used two times they claim and it looks like it.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

This is a dumb thread, Trailers arent like vehicles. At a reputable dealer there are no negotiations. If you cant afford a new enclosed, then goto ebay or craigslist and get one there.

8. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Actually they can be a little like vehicles. Trailer companies, like car companies come out with different models every year. Try to find out when your local trailer supplier starts recieving the new years models and then try to get a good deal on a leftover. Thats what I did, I happened to do it by accident, but it did work out.

9. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Monday morning would be good........

10. mower&more1986

you know im really tired of my threads getting put down from you.
    well after this im pretty much down with this website.
    I never said anything about being not able to afford a new maybe some of dont like to pay what the dealer wants and would like to try and get a better price. I was just trying to gather info on other people experiences.