Best time to pass out Flyers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 2006Silverado, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 2006Silverado

2006Silverado LawnSite Member
    from GA

Thinking about going door-to-door this weekend and handing out flyers/biz cards. Wondering if this is a good idea? Do people tend to get more pissed off because your bothering them on a weekend? Or is it better to hit them when they are more likely to be home?

What are the opinions as far as best time, day, etc. to pass out info?

Thanks

2. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

No earlier than 9 or 10, Other than that DO IT!

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That's when I do it. Not enough free time during the week.

4. bluflame1914

bluflame1914 LawnSite Member

stand outside of walmart. lol

5. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

you could go house to house on weekdays around 6-8pm. there usually home. or what i do is i knock on doors that the yard needs to be mowed on a friday and ask them. and they usuall say yes cause there exhausted from work and all they wanna do that weekend is sit on the couch with a beer and the tv remote. !!! hope i could help

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Year round in my area the lawn never stops growing, however your close ration may be a little higher in the warmer months. It really depnds on what type of service you provide.

7. 2006Silverado

from GA

I would but then I might get jumped by a load of illegals, that is usually their hangout up around here. :usflag:

8. 2006Silverado

from GA

Actually that's a great idea...hit up Friday night, when they're tired and dreading lawn work all weekend...:drinkup:

9. bluflame1914

bluflame1914 LawnSite Member

lmao. tell em you will hire them all and give them a fake number.