Best time to solict commericial bids

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Oct 16, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

This is my year is business, I am all leegal and legit, have insurance, a tax id # and so on. Just wondering when is the best time to solict commericial properties for their lawn,landscape, and snow removal? Is the snow and landscaping usually togather or bid seperate? Is the snow usually on a per storm basis, or a flat fee for the winter. Thank in advance...all help is appreciated,

2. shade tree landscaping

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial property management and apartments have usually already signed in my area for '08. Bidding wars in this area are in Aug.-Oct. for those markets. Factories are currently negotiating and signing now. Small retail, fuel stations, and restaurants will wait until the last minute to sign, so good solicitation timing is Dec.-Apr.. Hope that helps.

4. shade tree landscaping

yeh that helps me out a litle bit ....thanks alot for the info. No one else has any other advice on this? I am very surprised!

5. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

The Cutting Edge Lawn Car LawnSite Member

I am wondering the same thing.. Is it best to call and ask for a fax number aftert surveying the property or hand in the bid in person.. I plan to go everywhere and put in bids at every possible commercial building I can find... Any Advice?! Come on guys help us out

6. Team-Green L&L

You can get a fax number directory from your local phone carrier and solicit that way. Use a catchy cover letter for this medium. You can call and ask to speak with the facilities manager or "whoever's in charge of grounds maintenance", or you can drive by and give random bids. All are effective, but doing ALL is most effective!

7. shade tree landscaping

I was planning in the next week or two to stp by in person and ask when their contract was up for re-bid. I planned on going to every bank, resturant,office complex, self storage, and so on. Hopefully all goes well

8. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

So you can pretty much just take a day drive around and get Addresss's and write down the quote for each seperate building, then get their fax number and send it over with a cover letter, have you tried this before and were you successful?

9. Team-Green L&L

That's a primitive, yet effective method (I guess). Never done that. I use a B2B (Business to Business) marketing list that I got from a service. You can check with Haines Criss-Cross Directory http://www.haines.com/ if you want to really get things done, but it's like $130.00 a month for their online version. I don't know your needs but they're a good start.

10. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

Whats that consist of?