Best time to start advertising for weed control & fertilizer applications?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by walker-talker, Jul 21, 2005.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

To those of you who have advertised, when do you have the best response? I personally don't have contracts, but I know many do and try to get them signed in the fall for the following year. I never advertise for more than leaf cleanups, aerations and overseeding in the fall, but wondering if I should add chem apps to my fall advertising. Anotherwards, if you really wanted to push your chem app side of the business, where would you spend the most money?

I want to put together a heavy campaign for next year. If you had a budget of say.....$10,000. How much in this fall and how much next spring. I am thinking somewhere around 30%-35% in the fall and 70%-65% in the spring. For whatever media route I choose (flyers, postcards or doorhangers) I will still list all my services, but the main focus of the campaign will be for chem apps.

I could of posted this in the Element of Business forum, but thought I might get more responses here.

Any ideas or opinions are welcomed, I am all ears.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Right now. It's as plain and simple as that.

SOONER GREEN LawnSite Member

I think the best way is to work your existing cust base for cleanups, overseed ect. Make your big push in the spring. Your competition will be.