Best Tires For ZTR's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi fellow slaves,

On my new Toro I've got Carisle Grass Master 24 x 12 x 12's, seem very prone to slipping and spinning, and nasty on slopes.
    Like they have no grip....

My last mower a Toro Z355 had Carisle Turf Trac's, they were great on that type of mower.

What have you guys found to be your overall best tyre for Z's?

Pics would be very much appreciated if possible too please, doesn't matter if you can't though :)

I look forward to your comments!

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer turf masters on my riders

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The tires on my Kubota ZD21 are made by Maxxis. The tread is a full 12 in wide and give excellent grip.

4. Tonyr

Thanks guys!

Specialtylc, a mate of mine down here runs these Maxxis on his scags and says they are so much better.

They have a blockier type tread like the turf tracs, maybe more tread will grip more and be less prone to scufs too, hmmmmm.
    Irish thinking eh? LOL!

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I really like my Carlisle TURF BUSTERS! They are slightly bigger: 25x12-9. Notice they use a 9" ATV wheel instead of your 12". Because they are an ATV tire they ride sooo much smoother, and the traction is excellent.

6. Tonyr

Just wanted to bump this up to see if I was lucky enough to get some more help with this....

C'mon guys, I appreciate your feedback, lots of ZTR's here, who recommends what?