Best Trailer or Truck Set up for Z Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Maple Wood, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a new Z spray max and am new to commercial application. Just took the test yesterday:dizzy: I do have twelve years in no till farming and used a number of sprayers. The last sprayer I owned was a spray coupe 4440. I used a semi and trailer with tanks, mix tanks, shuttles of product ect. I found that the trailer set up was as important to efficiency as the sprayer itself.

What are some ideas to set up for efficient spraying and fertilizing with the z spray?

Work smarter not harder!!!!

2. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

We have one on a trailer for our pick-up, and we have one mounted in the back of this truck. Both have fill tanks in the back.

I will have to take some more pics and give you a better idea.. Congrats on your purchase:waving:

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Could you post a picture of two of your ramps or how you load/unload?

4. Heidi J.

Sure.. Won't be till Monday or so. The Isuzu's are a killer set up, 300 gallon water tank, 1 pallet of fert and a Z in the back! We had the ramp fabricated to our needs, but it nice.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

6. Heidi J.

Very nice!! Mine is a little different.

7. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Rod, is that couple gallon jug near the back left side of your truck for washing hands or something?

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Yep!

It is a 2.5 gallon water tank. I wanted a way to wash my hands once the ramp was up and right before you get in the truck.

We ran the hose through the floor to a valve and created a little wash station. If you look in post 96 you can see how it works.

That is one of the things I am most proud of on the truck and I think that tank was only like $30 or so! :)

The hose I use to fill the machine is long enough that it can be refilled easily from the 275 gallon water tank throughout the day.

9. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Our trailer setup is very basic. We had Really Innovations put us a rig together that works great for our setup.
    Here are a couple of pics.
    This is the truck
    [​IMG]

This is a rear view
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic with the trailer and the ZTR Ranger that we use.
    [​IMG]

The truck carries 200 gallons of bulk liquid fertilizer and a 600 gallon water supply tank. The water tank is gravity feed with a bilge to use if you are in a hurry. It can fill from either the driver or passenger side at rear bumper. It will fill the 65 gallon tank on the rig in about 5 minutes.
    Plenty of storage for dry fertilizer tools etc.

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

We run a set-up similar to Creech. If you scroll thru the thread he linked you will see pics of the new ride we got. It is not completely set-up yet. We just got it back from having it Rhino-lined. I will post pics shortly over there. It is going to have the ramp fabricated and mounted on the 13th. But I am interested in how Heidi has their truck set-up. I think I have mine figured out but would like to see a different idea.

We are setting up the new truck with the welded mesh ramp you can get online. But we are going to extend the ramp to the width of the rear door. This way we can leave the roll door up all day and the ramp will take the place of the door. Making just one less thing to do at each stop. The extension hopefully will be able to be non-permanent attached to the original ramp so that only a 4' section will have to be lifted.

We will put the pistons like Creech, but I am going to try to implement Treegals suggestion with the hinge to swing the ramp to the side to load a pallet or addtional water tank if we need to in the back.