Best Trimer Line

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hello

I have an echo SRM-210 and was wondering what is the best trim line that most people get. The echo line seems to not last very long and breaks easy.
    Thanks
    BJ

2. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

definitly something called "gatorline" or some like that. it is amazing junk. it has "aramid" inside it. aramid is the steel inside tires and used in bullet proof clothing. it is just a small thread of steel but it makes the line super super durable. whatever you use - don't use silent - twist line or crap like that = forget how loud your line is , also whatever you do , do not, do not, get plastic line - always go with nylon, but i recommend gatorline or something comprable:clapping:

3. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

oh yeah, one more thing, i have that exact same weed-eater and i've had mine for a year. the clutch is already going out because i was really new at it and i would rev the weed-eater really high then slower then high , etc. my clutch is beat. pick a speed and kind stick with it if you can - all the way is the best, but sometimes is more dangerous. next time , go with a stihl km 110 R very good machine!!!!

4. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hi
    Were is the best place to get gator line and what is the best size? I have heard that bigger last longer but smaller cuts better because it can go faster?

Thanks
    BJ

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I just use the Husky orange stuff. it works fine for me in .095 size. I had the Titanium Force stuff, which was GREAT to me when cutting, just avoid fences with it.

6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

you can make your trim line perform better, regardless of brand, by storing it in water until you are ready to use it. These products are meant to break down when exposed to air and sunlight. Think about how much trim line you see laying around on a property, even though you know there has been years of line breaking off there. Keep it in the water and you'll have a more pliable, flexible line, not so prone to shattering. Double or triple your use on a roll this way.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Hard to believe a clutch is out in one year?? Are you sure it isn't just the spring that holds the shoes together?

8. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Do you order the stens line from a dealer.

10. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

I work at a rental store and we order it directly from Stens.