1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best trimmer and place to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Movinfr8, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Ok, After rebuilding the carb, replacing the fuel filter, air filter and gas tanck vent and tubes, m echo 2100 still wont run when it warms up!!! I almost tossed it under a gravel truck today. I know there is SOMETHING that can be done but I gave 125 for it in 2000 or 01 and dont wanna sink too much more in it.
    What is the BEST string trimmer and how much am I gonna be out?
    Also, are there any good websites to buy from?
    A friend got a very nice Husky a couple years ago off the net, don't remember where...
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Don't you have any equipment shops around you?

Why would you want to buy equipment like that off the internet?
  3. bluebeard

bluebeard LawnSite Member
    from ny

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Shindaiwa T-230 for around $250 at a dealer. great little machine.
  5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Try Alamia.com. Not sure about their trimmers, but they do have some good deals on equipment.

I wouldn't buy a ZTR on the web, which you can, but something like a trimmer I wouldn't think twice about buying online if the price was right.
  6. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Shindiawa T 260 $300 Why settle for less?
  7. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

shindaiwa T-231, couldn't find a 230 in AZ. But is still a fantastic machine. I had a T-35 with all the brush atachments many years ago (1994) and ran it hard every day for 6 years until some SOB stole it out of my truck. The theif broke the handlebars to get it out of my lock and chain. (learning experience on how to lock up my stuff) . After a week of running the T-231, I broke my Echo SRM-2100 into pieces and threw it in the garbage. I had the exact same problems couldnt keep it running when hot. Changed the vent cap, gas tank cap, air filter, gas filter, no luck.....Go with the Shindy!

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa T230 $250 2 years ago. The choke lever broke off on it and is stuck w/ no choke on it and still starts on 3rd pull cold. I had a Echo SRM2400 and returned it after only 2 monts cuz it wouldnt start to easy. Then I bought the shinny and have not had any problems.
  9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

the 2100 is a glorified home owner machine

Get the 260. If your man enough......:p

The 260 is all we have used for many years, used to be the 2601. Guess they save money by taking off a digit from the printing...:rolleyes:
  10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki KBL23A,
    Excellent trimmers. Three hard years of use without a problem. buykawpower.com 289.99.