Best Trimmer,Blower,Edger Brand ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Synergy Ground, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Looking to upgrade my older trimmer and blower. What do you guys recommend for light comercial and residential use? Looking at the Red Max & Echo. Any thoughts would be great. :usflag:

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa and Echo will last you many many years and they are very dependable. I use them everyday. Haven't used RedMax but have read and heard they are reliable as well.

3. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

I've got an Echo trimmer and handheld blower. They're both about 2 yrs old and still running strong. I did just recently upgrade the handheld to a used RedMax 7001EB on EBay for $200 and love it.

4. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone likes someone else for certian reasons. I like my stihl stuff but thats just me, go try them all out first.

5. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

I bought a kawasaki last fall and I like it better than my echo. its a little longer and seems to have a lot more power and not over priced. 230 del on ebay 2 yr warranty

6. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

i ust stilh and echo and have no problems w/eather stilh makes a bigger motor i prefer the stilh 2 stroke stuff i have some 4 stroke trimmers there good but they take longer to get the rpm's up amd my dealer said he sees more of them come back w/ the rings worn out because of low octain gas but i have had no problems w/ mine and they run 4 days a week

7. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

I would recomend both Echo and Stihl. I own a Echo srm-210 line trimmer, and pb-403t back packpack blower. I also own a Stihl ms-310 chainsaw.

8. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

i like echo

9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

We run Echo blowers and trimmers. I prefer Stihl edgers, hedge trimmers and chainsaws.

10. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

Kawasaki is what I prefer. Find what you can afford and then see how it feels. Everybody is different just like the equipment.