Best Trimmer | Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nherweck, Aug 7, 2005.

1. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think is the BEST trimmer? Blower? I'm trying to get new equipment, and would like to know what you experts think is the best/strongest/longest lasting equipment. :help:

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You'll get a ton of different answers on this. It's mainly personal preference. Use the search feature up towards the right and type in: best equipment, best blower or best trimmer and see how many topics come up. It will be alot. My suggestion is to read through some of those in addition to what ever you get here because there will be some insightful posts in those old threads. Stick with commerical models and one that has good dealer support and you should be ok. Stay away form less heard of brands or stuff that you would find at Home Depot. Go in, try some of tools out. Is it balanced, heavy, fit you well? Anyway welcome to Lawnsite. Glad to have you here. :waving:

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

we run echo 210s for trimmers with one 261t. the 210s are only around 200 and they usually last around 1 1/2 years of hard service. for blowers we have the $300 dollar backpack huskys from lowes. around 42cc plenty of power for the residentials. thats what we use. not saying its the best, just what we use. :waving:

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I run the echo blower (Home Depot or Dealer for 199) not worth the extra for the vac option. For Trimmers i run the Stihl FS85R, i love that thing, lots of power. ($320)

5. AdamCByrd

AdamCByrd LawnSite Member

I use a John Deere XT120 (25cc) line trimmer and an XB135SB (33cc) multi-use tool for line trimming and extended reach hedge trimming. I'm certain that Deere doesn't make these things themselves, but they are good machines nonetheless. They start up with 1-3 pulls reliably and they have good power and balance. I'm happy enough with them to continue to buy them.

I run a 10yr old Redmax backpack blower. I can't remember the model name, but it runs good for being so old. It usually cranks (even when cold) with one pull, has a couple of vents to divert a small stream of air to your back to cool you off. I'll stay with Redmax on blowers.

However, dealer support is JUST AS IMPORTANT as brand-name selection. Even the highest quality machines will break down, and you'll need dealer support to get you through. Look for a dealer who is friendly, professional, and has a good parts man and mechanic.

Adam

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I think for the money, Echo 210's are about the best out there. $199 plus tax at Homo Depot or a dealer. I have used the same 210 for 3 straight seasons now with only a tune up kit every spring for maintenance. I still havent used enough blowers to be able to give you a qualified answer on that.