Best Trimmer Line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy Williams, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Jimmy Williams

Jimmy Williams LawnSite Member

What is the best trimmer line out there? (.095-.105" diameter). Tks
    JW

2. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I went from going through line like crazy to bumping the head a few times in a whole day with this line...it is strong, abrasion resistent, and cuts like a knife...it it reinforced with material that they use in bulletproof vests and high quality tires...it has an inner wire core for added strength...I finally tried this line after the nylon lines and will never go back...nylon line cannot handle a powerful trimmer...

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like round .095 magnum gatorline. About the best I have found.

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Personal preference really. I like Echo Cross Fire but the new twisted lines by Shakespere look interesting.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

.095 Megatwist by Sufix. I won't run any other line. Do a search, you'll have to mail order it I'm sure.

6. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking into trying that line, but if it is nylon line, then I would be in the same situation with my other nylon line...I have one of the better nylon lines and it does not perform like I would like...I tried echo crossfire with the cheapest straight shaft line trimmer HD had, and it frayed at the ends and did not last at all...I have not tried husky's nylon titanium reinforced...now, I have a better trimmer, and nylon line has a problem with abrasion control...the line I have now is awesome, but you have to be careful with rocks and things you don't want to cut when at higher throttle--wires, sprinklers, etc...square magnum by oregon chain is absolutely wonderful...the other day I did not have to reload the line at all...in fact, I only had to bump the head a few times...

7. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i just bought some of husky's titanium line. i will let you know how it does in a few. i do like the stihl x line for heavy clearing but i dont like it for turf at all

8. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the Gator round .095 line before and was satisfied, but am currently using Echo's crossfire line because I got it on clearance last fall from Home Cheapo and the price was right. I like it better than the round line, but it does seem to get eaten up a little faster. I think next time I will try the Gator Square.

Kevin

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Square Gator Magnum line.!! Tried lots of line, not even my guys can eat thru this stuff.

10. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

We run the husky line too, and it works great! Much better than their trimmers that we are constantly breaking (not the motors but the plastic components).