1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by bladecutter582, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

Haven't been here in a while and couldn't find where to post this so I'll post it here.
    I need 5lb. of .105 line. Who makes the longest lasting line today.
    Thanks

2. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I use Echo crossfire and like it but there's so many lines out there its really hard to say which is the best and longest lasting.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For normal trimming, Crossfire works great and is what I have been using for the last year, but if you do heavy duty trimming and/or edging with your trimmer, get some Oregon Gator Magnum with the Aramid line in the center. It lasts a lot longer than any other trimmer line I have ever used, especially for that type of trimmer use.

4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

5. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

went with the OREGONĀ® Platinum Gatorline for $68.65 /.105/ 5lb. from Amick's

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  7. jungerla

jungerla LawnSite Member

i use grass gator i used to use echo crossfire until a neighbor of mine showed up with almost of full roll of grass gator he found on the side of the road down the street. he thought it was mine gave it to me anyways and ive never looked back. it lasts much longer in the spool for me. i seemed to be re stringing with echo twice as much. you can get it off of amazon for less than 30

8. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have rotary square line, rhino tuff triangular line, and i think next i will try gator line or husqvarna line. i went to lowe's the other day and i noticed their selection of trimmer line has gotten alot better. last year they only had residential line and small stuff but now they have husqvarna trimmer line and a few other commerical grade lines available.

10. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

I picked up some Stihl line last season. I can't remember the name of it but it has the edges on it. I go forever with it.