1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by bladecutter582, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have no idea other than one is .105" and the other is .095", but as you know, they are the same size side by side. Price is about the exact same for each. I was kinda wondering how the 223 would do since it didn't like the PST from a power need standpoint, but it runs it just like it runs Crossfire only the MST outlasts it by a mile and out cuts it too. MST is the single fastest cutting line I have ever used. I rarely have to bump the head now doing all the chain link like I have had to do with Crossfire and most other lines.
  2. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

Any star line works great
  3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Star-shaped lines cut most debris fairly well, but they weld to themselves w/in the spool for me.
    The Oregon SuperTwist lines mentioned above are coated - essentially preventing any welding w/in the spool.
  4. trimminaway

trimminaway LawnSite Member

I have had good success with stihl .105 round trimmer line on my shindy t242. The line does great with edging and from what I found does not weld. The line does increase fuel usage though compared to the silent lines.
  5. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i use the oregon magnum gatorline supertwist in .095 and won't ever go back. stuff lasts FOREVER
  6. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

wow i have never had star weld them selves
  7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Husqvarna titanium .095 is the best there i in the last 14 yers that I've found. Use whatever you want and whip those weeds!!!
  8. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the twisted Redmax line...