1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Trimmer Rack Hands Down

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by procut, Jun 13, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, I have bought a couple 'economy' trimmer racks in the past, and have never been completely satisfied. I am looking for one that is fast to use and will hold trimmers nice and secure and upright. I'm willing to spend $$$ to get something decent, so cost isn't an issue.
  2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer trap, hands down
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I second the TT nomination. It is simply - THE BEST!
  4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Green Touch! Awesome trimmer racks.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Go ahead and get the pro4 model, I did. It only takes one hand to operate and one lock to lock the whole thing up. The longer you wait, the more expensive they'll get. Do it now.
  6. jmartin

jmartin LawnSite Member

How do the prices of the Trimmer Trap products compare to Green Touch?
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Here's the most recent price list for TrimmerTrap products and installation charges (as if!) at Teshandsons where I'm getting a trailer made.
    I think I gave $229 for my pro4 about 3 years ago.
    It doesn't really matter that much though because if it's loaded, it'll have about $1200 worth of equipment on it. Get the best, otherwise get the cheapest. You can't do both.
    By the way, about 2 weeks ago I saw a bunch of bikers heading to the black bike week at Myrtle Beach. It was the funniest thing to see $30k worth of bikes on a $200 trailer. There was a long line of stuff like that.
    Believe me, if your underwear bothers you in the morning, it will bother you ALL DAY LONG!
    It's the same with your work tools, trailer etc...

TrimmerTrap price list resized.jpg
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco makes some nice ones, and are about the most popular around here.
  9. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

trimmer trap pro 4 in my enclosed trailer. and got the line roll holder, and ordered some blower racks
  10. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

If you want the best you need to get you a set of Jungle Jims Racks, you can purchase a good set for around $250.00 plus tax and shipping, this includes a trimmer racks, hold three trimmers, a back pack rack that hold two blowers and a water cooler rack which I think is a a good price for all you get. I highly recommend Jungle Jims Product. :cool2: