Best trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Green Way, Jun 7, 2003.

1. The Green Way

The Green Way Banned

Any suggestions on which gas trimmers are best to get? Is it better to get the bi-directional trimmers or just one-sided trimmers? Thanks.

2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Green,

Sounds like your talking about hedge clippers??

If so, get the Echo HC-150 double sided commercial clippers for $249....they rock and have saved me a ton of time over the years!!

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I like the double sided hedge trimmers. I don't like the way that you hold on to the single sided ones. Also, you can go back and fourth with a double , but not a single.

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmmm, let's see. This mid size trimmer will trim at ground level without bending over, will reach 10 feet without a ladder, is balanced and has the engine behind you so you don't get smoke in your face. Err........ yeah, I guess it's pretty good. I think Echo is the only people making this size. Sticking a trimmer head on the your weed wacker makes the unit too long for regular use. Just my opinion.
    Pete

hedge4.jpg

5. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

heres some of my hedge trimmer arsenal

hpim0074.jpg

6. Doc Pete

Now just sell those old, outdated, vibrating, smokey Chainsaw types, buy a mid size and you can join the rest of us Professionals. I dumped my chainsaw types years ago. And, I can now see why you use ECS controls, too;......... You just like making work harder than it should be.
    Pete

7. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

ok dude im holding my temper here ,im telling you once and only once you keep trying to make me look like a idiot .

Well you just guess what im getting at.You about as professional as my rottweiler's asses and limp wristed as my sister's you shemale

8. Doc Pete

Hey now, what's wrong with being a Shemale?? Could be a lot of fun:blush:
    Now as far a making you look like an idiot, as a big boy, you know "I" can't do that. Frankly, since I've used the exact models you own for quite a few years one might think you may want to take a few minutes and go to your local dealer and "actually" try a mid size machine. Then, after you find you can do more work, in less time, with less effort, you may actually thank me for the advice. However, continuing to use an outdated product, and similarly your dislike of the Hustler from "hearsay" information, does seems take the work out of “making you” look like an idiot.

Maybe if take more time increasing your mind strength instead of "arm" strength you may see I'm trying to help you.
    Pete