Best Trimmers based on weight/power?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What are the best trimmers based on weight/power? I need something somewhat light but still powerful. What should I buy?

2. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

The brand new srm 280t Echo its the same weight as a the srm 260 but twice the power and torque. No matter what a Echo is your best bet.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

For light weight and power I would have to say a Kaw KGT27A. I know Husqvarna has some light trimmers but not with the power of the Kaw.

4. ztrguy

from NE FL

What kinda price are we looking at for the Kawasaki KGT27A?

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Husqvarna 323L's are about the lightest I have ran, and they always had plenty of power for anything we needed 'em to do.

6. ztrguy

from NE FL

What kinda price are we looking at for the Husqvarna 323L? Are these basically the redmax trimmers since they bought them out?

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I really did not need another trimmer but I had heard so much good about them for 259 I had to try one. This is the Kawasaki I'm talking about.

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Redmax BCZ3001S 29.5cc 1.7hp at 11.2lb. I have seen it for $329 in a dealer. I don't think you can beat this. It is a pure 2 cycle, not the hybrid 4 cycle. It has 2 rings.

9. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl FS 100 RX
    31.4cc
    1.3 bhp
    10.4 lbs
    Loads of torque!!
    :cool2:

10. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

Husky 323L is my favorite. GOt both a commercial Echo , and the 323L . As far as user friendly, comfort, weight and power all combined. Cant beat the Husky. I blieve they priced around 200 ? been a while since i've had to buy one.