Best Trimmers & Edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MidAtlantic, Mar 6, 2005.

1. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

Its that time of year again to shop for some new blowers and edgers. What units have given you the best performance and lifespan? If possible include model number as well...Thanks

Sound off guys!!!!

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You're opening up a can of worms with this one. Do a search and you'll get more opinions than you'll ever need... and in the end you'll base your decision on your own needs and expectations.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ok I have had real good service from a Robin nb2056 trimmer, lightweight 8.5 pounds,steel drive shaft so you can run a blade on it and its economical to purchase and I have 2 years on the unit and running strong

4. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

shindaiwa 230 trimmer and m230 combo tool (edger, trimmer, pole saw ect.) and shidaiwa eb630 blower. great tools no problems in 2 yrs .

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Look into the Honda line of trimmers and edgers with the true 4-stroke engine. I just purchased a new Honda HHE31C stick edger and that thing has mega torque. When my Stihls wear out it is all Honda for us.

6. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

RedMax and Echo top the list for me...

Buy from the dealer that gives you the best service and hopefully they have either RedMax or Echo