Best Truck For Dump Body

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Canon Landscaping, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for a truck 33k to mount a 10ft dump bed on and I have found many different trucks with different engines and transmissions and just wanted some opinions on these trucks as well as suggestions of other makes and models that would make a good dump truck.

international 4400 dt466 7spd 200k Miles
    sterling A9500 Cat C10 10spd 300-400k Miles
    international 4400 dt466 Allison 3060 Auto 100k miles
    freightliner fl80 3126 Cat 9spd 200-300k miles

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow man thas alot of miles why not something with less?

3. Canon Landscaping

Truck won't be driven many miles a year we hire out most of our hauling but we need a truck to haul off debris from jobs. Looking to put the truck together for around 20k

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

for 20k i think you can find a truck all ready built with a 10ft bed with very low miles and lots of life left. do you allready own the bed or somthin?

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of weight are u hauling. (be honest) i would go with on of the IH trucks, depending on the terrian and how heavy you run would determine auto or stick.

6. Canon Landscaping

Honestly as much as it will haul probably 20,000lb

I do not have a bed but i can get a new one installed with pto tarp and hitch for 7k.

I would like to have an auto if it will hold up the amigos are hard on clutches but I have a isuzu frr with a dump bed and it has the Allison 1000 in it and it feels weak.

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

4400 w/ the auto

8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Those miles really aren't all that high. Those trucks will run a lot more miles than a pickup. I used to drive a Kenworth dump truck with over 800,000 miles on it.