Best type of commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigcountry01, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

I mostly have residential mowing accounts, but this year i want to try and get quite a few more commercial accounts. Which type of businesses would you guys that do a lot of commercial say are the best? Gas stations,strip malls,etc? Thanks for any help

2. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

I have found it better to try and get large commercial properties , or town homes

3. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

in my opinion you cant go wrong with commercial, when i see a place coming up i stop and talk to the foreman find out who owns it are who is in charge of it andhow to contact them, get bid info then go from there, you have to hustle in this buisness,unless your a big name and have been at this for a long time commercial accounts wont just come to you, so get out there and get them, Goodluck!!

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

The best ones are the ones that pay the most, for the least amount of effort...... :drinkup:

I personally find that motels and banks are my best, but that's also in my area.

Alot of guys on here won't even service a motel anymore.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Commercials can come and go on the drop of a hat. Its a good idea to have a nice balance of commercial and residential with the balance shifting more towards residential.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Another thing that's dependant on your area and the surrounding economy.

Around here, residential accounts are dropping like flies, because everyone drives 40 miles on way to work. In order to afford gas, you gotta cut things somewhere.

7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

The best Commercials are the ones that pay on time. I agree it is best to have a mix of maybe 70% residential 30% commercial. It is best not to throw a your eggs in one basket.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have found with commercial, be it a little bank on the corner or 40 acres to mow - strive to be full service. For us that has worked the best - one call - to me!

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

The best one's are those that pay net 30 or sooner!!!

10. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member