Best value on a hydro 32 for residential

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gimp, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

What do you guys suggest. I am new, but I have around 50 accounts. So money is an issue, but I have heard over and over, "go hydro" - - perhaps belt is the best way for me to get in, but I am in this for the long term, so I want to get the best mower poss. for the value.

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Ferris makes A 32 Hydro i have'nt been on there Website for awhile. Wrgiht makes a 32 Stander.

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris makes a single hydro. I have one and it will kill you turning that thing all day. Look for a dual hydro if possible.

4. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Good information PL and TNT- anyone else have something to add?

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

Does'nt Toro makes a 32 T-bar

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think Scag still makes a belt driven 32" unit....we got two and they are built to last.

7. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

No one has an opinion on what the best 32 hydro is? Ferris?

8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

Gimp i dont think anyone makes a dual hydro 32 ? There are several Makers of That size wright does make a 32 inch stander.The rest will all be single hydro's or belt drives. Are you getting a 32 cause of gated property's. If so Demo toro's T-bar 32. You may LikeThose controls better than pistol grip's.What dealers are around you ??

9. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Thanks TNT - scag and ex-mark for sure, I think toro as well, probably more. Yes, 32 inch because I want to be able to get into all my residential gates. Single hydro would be better than belt? Or should I save the money until I get a larger mower?

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

Well you wont go wrong with either scag or Exmark or Toro, i'd go with the closest dealer one that will be very reliable when needing repairs. Ive never operated a single hydro so i cant help you there. We still have an 1998 Kees Kutter 32 going strong for those small gated property's Cuts still as good the day i got it.I'd look to see if you could find a nice used 32.