Best velky / sulky for proline 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCut Lawn Care, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ProCut Lawn Care

ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have the Toro single wheel velky for my 36 WB proline but want a 2 wheel version to do away with the single center line stripe.

Who makes the best 2 wheel version? and what could I expect to sell the single toro sulky for? It may have 10 hours on it, Looks brand new!

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Get either a Velke X-2 or a set of Jungle wheels from Jungle Jims. You could get a pro-slide but that will cost a couple hundred more than the 2 I listed.

3. ProCut Lawn Care

Don't need the slide for my fat tail! LOL
    I looked at the jungle whhels and like the rider weight behind the wheels putting down force on the front of the mower. Haven't seen the velke x-2 yet. I'll check it out.

4. WH Lawn Care

WH Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Velke X-2 on my Toro 36" for 2 years now and not a single problem. Also the guys that use it weigh around 230lbs. A great velke.

5. ProCut Lawn Care

I just looked at the x-2 and that is definately what I am going to get. I found one on ebay shipped for 260.00. anywhere esle cheaper? I am going to sell the single wheel velke I have.

6. ProCut Lawn Care

JR, what height do you set your 36 for? rear axle placement A,B,C,D,E, and using spacers on blades and spindles, Min. Max? I'm set now for 2.5" +/- .5"

Mostly Bermuda and Zoyszia.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Check out Alamia.com the sell several type of sulky/velke. I just orderd a new T-Bar 48" and Tru Trak sulky but I dont think you would like running one of those on a 36".

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I run Jungle Wheels. I like them.