Best walk behind blower is???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Whats the best walk behind blower out there. Thinking of going with a little wonder 9 horse honda engine?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Saw a Fradan 16hp hydro self-propelled recently...large $$$ to say the least.

3. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

little wonder is the best there is. you can't go wrong with them. they have tons of pushing power

4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

I've used many different Little Wonder blowers and they hold up pretty decent. I like the Honda powered units best. If you are wondering about the swivel wheel kit I offer you this. If you are blowing whole leaves in straight lines you probably don't need it. If you are trying to loosen and blow nuts, acorns and mulch you should consider it. When you try to make that little left/right motion required to lift stubborn nuts you have to push down on the handlebar to lift the front wheel a bit off the turf. This also raises the discharge defeating what you are trying to do. Clear as mud?

Scott

5. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I am partial to Billy Goat if nothing else because of the hand controlled output nozzle. It is nothing short of awsome. The rest of the unit is good as well. Having said that, I also own a Little Wonder which is a good unit as well. The hand controlled output nozzle is mighty handy though. It is the reason I am upgrading to Billy Goat's 13 or 16hp Force unit.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I like the hand control on output nozzle.....would be pretty hard without it.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

C'mon now Rod... thats still pocket change to you. I thought you just paid cash for a convertible lamborghini last weekend just to have for driving on nice days when you visit your local country club.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Thats why we like them also.:cool2:

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If someone came out with an aftermarket hand controlled nozzle for the Little wonder (and/or other blowers) - Gee,....do you think it would sell?
    I am a Little Wonder fan, also. But once in a while, you get that darn stubborn leaf or two.