Best Walk behind....eXmark??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 28, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Who do you all think makes the best walkbehind that is packed with power and gives the best cut..so far i think exmark is. Yesterday i used a turf tracer hp with a 19 hp 48"' cut and i fell in love with it it was alot more powerful than my old toro 52" with 17hp and i do believe it gave a hell of alot better cut for me the next wb i get will be a turf tracer or a turf tracer hp.......try to convince me that there is a better wb. Scag might be as tough or maybe tougher but i think exmark gives alot better cut.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I'm picking up my new eXmark Metro 15/48 on Saturday. What a great machine. The customer service is great too. Look for a dealer that is ProCertified by eXmark. I find them to be more willing to make deals on accessories (velke, bag, mulch kit etc.) then regular dealers. To find one near you, click on link below and put in zip code. It will tell you on the bottom of each different dealer if they are ProCertified or not. Link Below:

http://www.exmarkdealer.com/

3. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

I owned all lesco mowers until a month ago. I bought a 32 viking w/15 kohler.
    I also bought a turf tracer 52/23 kawasaki.
    The tt52/23 is a freaken beast. great cut, power,power power. It will cut at full speed and it looks great.
    i also demoed a tthp48/19 and it was great too. I almost bought one with a 52 but for 700-800 more you can get the tt52/23. worth all of the money and i would not go back to lesco.
    Love exmark

Jim

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I say Toro makes the best mower. Toro bought Exmark. Some talk is that next years Exmarks will have Toro decks. To me dealer support has a lot to do with it also.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Go with the eXmark. If you buy it now it won't have a toro deck. I really dought the they would use Toro decks because eXmark seems to be better. Did you try the link on the post above?

6. ribit

ribit LawnSite Member

My vote is for Honda. I have had a 36" hydro for 7 years now and it has an unbelievable cut. No problems ever! Wish they still made them.

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

mcwlandscaping, do you think the 15hp engine is enough for a 48" cut? I have a 36" Metro that has a 15hp. I'm not being critical but you might want to look into a little more hp for that piece.

8. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

scag! scag! I think they are still top dog.

9. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't that be a SHAME!!!

I really thought John Deere would improve when they bought Great Dane. Instead it's my impression they brought over the wrong things to Deere.
    IMO, the deck is more than 50% of the buying decision of the equipment. I don't understand why companies refuse to understand that grass discharge and dispursement is everything in cutting.

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a toro wb great cut and everything and it had a 17 hp motor and a 52" deck and thats the biggest motor i could get and it was UNDERPOWERED BIG TIME as for the ztrs love em........im not ready to buy a wb im just sayin that when i am i will deffinantely be gettin a turf tracer no doubts in my mind.

As for scag YEAH Right have you looked at there cut lately compared to exmark.....guess not