1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best walk behind mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dpr_specials, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dpr_specials

dpr_specials LawnSite Member

I want wanting to buy a walk behind mower 48" cut, but I do not know which one is good. I have been looking at scag, wright, yazoo, great dane, ferris and exmark. I have been also looking at the hydro vs belt. I have to cut 9 house from my own property. I pay usually $800 to $1200 a month to cut grass. I know everbody is going to tell me get a zero-turn, but for me right now I am wanting a walk behind
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

It's pretty hard understanding your post. Slow down and do a spell check before submitting your post.

There isn't a "best" walk behind. Look at the dealers closest to you and see which one you like that fits your budget.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Scag, what is everbody running in your country, whatever you go with get a hydro and electric start.
  4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i second the hydro and electric start. costs a little more, but is well worth it. everyone has a favorite brand. mine is exmark.
  5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Scag is my brand. :)
  6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

same here...

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

I'm running a Hustler 48" Superwalkbehind and love it. The 23 hp Kawasaki motor has more than enough power to pull me while running double blades. The hydro system helps it hold a hill as does the wider wheel stance. The deck height adjustments are easy and so far (knock on wood) I've had absolutely no problems with it. If you go with a velke, make sure it's a castored one so you can back up without jackknifing.
  8. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

exmark walkbehind