Best Walk-behind

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DiMassa33, Sep 17, 2006.

?

Which brand makes best walk-behind

1. Exmark

133 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Scag

84 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Lesco

20 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Bobcat

20 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Other - please list what you think

93 vote(s)
    26.6%
  1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris all the way!!!

2. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

I've got to make a case for Yazoo Kees. I love my exmarks (36" and 48" Metros) but the Kees has NEVER let me down!

3. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

I currently have Bobcat, Snapper, Bunton, Lesco, and Ferris walkbehinds. Given the choice of which mower to take-out or train someone who is new I choose the Ferris Hydro's hands down. We have two Ferris 52's, A Ferris ZTR, and a Ferris 48" belt-drive. All are well designed machines ergonomically comfortable machines that have given us few problems. I especially like the 52's as they stripe real nice, have wide rear tires(no rutting, great on slopes), short/low profile(less space on trailer). Highly recommend.

4. Fox Lawn & Garden

Fox Lawn & Garden LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet- 17HP Kaw, 48" fab deck, dual hydro, sulky- get the H*** out of it's way!

5. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

I have almost the exact same model but with B&S 4.0 Self Propelled. I've snapped the starting cable, haven't changed the oil in years, (i still keep oil level full tho) OR the blade, run bad gas in it many consecutive times, broke the handlebar (and haven't replaced it), never winterize it OR clean the carb, i broke a washer on the self-propel drive system and cajun-style fixed it, AND don't replace/clean the air filter. Talk about TLC maintenance.

The result? A dang near awesome indestructable cutting machine with a good self-prop system still. Will Jason Murray ever die?:gunsfirin

I'm pretty sure that Murray actually IS the best wb as far as dependibility, hands down.

6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark's with ECS controls ----------- awsome, you can mow with one hand and well do wat ever with the other, lays a good stripe!

7. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

I run all ferris

8. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Between Hustler and Exmark which is faster and which is a more quality machine ( pronounced ma-CH-ine)

9. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

I use ferris mowers, they run great, cut good, but does not distribute grass well.which brings up my next question, which mower distributes the best?

Thanks Steve

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

You're sick. :nono: