Best Walk-behind

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DiMassa33, Sep 17, 2006.

?

Which brand makes best walk-behind

1. Exmark

133 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Scag

84 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Lesco

20 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Bobcat

20 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Other - please list what you think

93 vote(s)
    26.6%
  1. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotten some nice work out of those ex marks but I do agree about the down time.I cant say for my self, but I've always heard bad things about the sgags. Iworked for an older gentelman that ran a gravely for 9 years off a monthly oil change and weekly filter cleaning.The new ones also come with a life time warranty on the spindles and only 2 grease points.

2. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

I personally like Scag! I looked around at what everyone was running in my area. Spoke with alot owners and crews to see what problems they encountered with various models.
    The only thing I would suggest is buy from a local dealer because when something needs fixing/parts and it will. That will determine your downtime in a peak season crunch.

Good Luck!

3. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

id have to go wit scag have 2 of them , they def can take a lot of abuse.I have never tried exmark but i do hear a lot of great things about them 2.

4. Snyderserv5060

Snyderserv5060 LawnSite Member

I was always happy with my scags but I picked up a 48 Exmark with ECS controls... its soo much easier on the hands and arms so I cant see myself going back unless I got a really good deal. Plus the mower has a floating deck so its easy to adjust on the job :)

5. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Did you all know that Exmark is owned by Toro, and that Exmark is the most sold machine!! And that some Toro machines are made at the Exmark factory in Neb. I think alot of what you choose to use depends alot on your DEALER NEAREST YOUR LOCATION, quick service is very important.:cool2:

6. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

What is the black bar across the front for? Also, Do you have any problem keeping the w/b in place on your trailer. How do you strap it down, one, or two straps? There is not a good way to strap them down. I have a 5x10 traliler, I know that that is one of my problems. Have any info to share on this matter?
    Thanks, Jay*trucewhiteflag*

7. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned most of them and Hustler is my fav!!!!!!!!

8. BleedsGreen

BleedsGreen LawnSite Member

Snapper Pro

9. bhforty3

bhforty3 LawnSite Member

Nothing runs like or cuts like a deere!! 36" 38" and 48" GIT R DONE !!:usflag: :weightlifter:

10. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Exmarks Turf Tracers!
    Jake