Best Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Live4Mowin', Jun 2, 2003.

?

What company's walkbehinds do you prefer?

1. Exmark

24 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Scag

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. John Deere

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Gravely

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Other

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

What is it?

2. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

3. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

OK guys... for those of you who voted "Other", let us know what you're running and why you think it's the best.

4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Toro 52' with 20hp kohler. Awesome power, great cut.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

1998 Toro 44" deck, Hydro, 15hp Kohler.
    Virtually bulletproof, easy to run with t-bar. Easy to slide behind with Pro-Slide.

Notice the homemade 35#wheelie preventer near the front casters. Foam filled the front caster tires. Home made manual OCDC from the old deflector. Almost forgot the Enginaire cleaner, that thing is a savior.

june3 153.jpg

6. The Green Way

The Green Way Banned

i was just wondering by the looks of that picture if on the weekends you set up those blue ramps and jump your mower with em LOL

7. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

bobcat 48"

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

The mowers I have are several years old, and aren't made anymore. I have Cub Cadets commercial walk behinds. They were a model made for a while in the mid 90s with "direct effect" controls. No gears, no shifting, no belts, hydro. You want to go forward, push the handle bar forward and it moves forward. Same thing backwards. I have 1 floating deck 48 inches, one rigid deck 54 inches. Great mowers. Unfortunately, cub cadet decided not to make them anymore because when you do a zero turn, it sometimes leaves a tire mark (their reason). Too bad. I really like them, and would have bought a few more if I knew that they were stopping production. If anyone else were to make the 'direct effect' controls, I'd be on them, too.

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

4 exmarks and 2 bobcats.they are both great mowers but the exmarks make nice stripes

10. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

toro and well toro