best way for advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by laylow1994, Dec 2, 2006.

1. laylow1994

laylow1994 LawnSite Member

I just started my own business in brandon florida... Just curious what is the best way to get clients... Mainly looking for residential..... I pass out flyers and bussiness cards to different communities every weekend..... And it isnt working at all.... What am i doing wrong... Should i talk to people, maybe knock on doors.... I know what i am doing been doing lawn maintenance and irrigation for a couple years now... SO what am i doing wrong or what could i be doing different...
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Well for one iam sure there are tons of L.C.O.S in Florida , maybe they already have A current LCO. Just keep handing out the flyers. You may want to try your local news paper.
  3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you have an ineffective advertising message. Show it to us and let's see what the problem is.
  4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody is going to respond to a lawn flyer right now. It is pretty much the end of the season and most people are in the process of firing their lawn guy for the holidays.

Flyers blow anyway!!!!

Yeah, I know the next question that is coming "well what would you suggest?"

Here is my answer, you have to find out what works for you in your area. I keep my most successful marketing practices to myself. To be honest I wouldnt want every other LCO in my area using the same tactics, then I become just another lawn guy.

Here is one word of advice though: You have to ask yourself what sets you apart from the $65/month mow and blow guys and go from there......