1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to advertise ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bmurrell, Aug 22, 2005.

1. bmurrell

bmurrell LawnSite Member

If you moved to an area that you dont know anyone how do you advertise ? newspapper ?

2. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

Direct Mail

3. HeartOfTexas

HeartOfTexas LawnSite Member

I think door hangers are pretty effective. It'll be cheaper than direct mail and that way you can be walking the neighborhoods and get a better feel for the properties in the new area.

You may also want to talk to a few small businesses to get a couple of commercial accounts.

Take care

4. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

This is what we did and it has worked well. I don't have anything to compare it to being this is our first year except that we are still around and doing really well. I put an ad in the paper, still running today. Then bought 50 chloroplast signs. I would put signs up around major intersections and along streets entering neighborhoods I wanted to target. Then I would flood those same neighborhoods with fliers. It is working terrific. My work is concentrated in one particular area, but expanding. Slowly but surely I just keep duplicating what we did with signs and fliers and inch our way across the county. It's pretty neat to graph your customers on a county map and monitor your movement. Movement in this case means success.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi bmurrell,

You could also create some flyers and distribute them in your area to promote your business.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

1. do good work & do what you say you are gonna do. 2. buy guerrillla marketing. 2. put ads out in different ways as efficiently & cheaply as possible unless you have deep pockets. 3. track where your calls come from. 4. take money from ads that are not working & place that money into ads that do work.

Hope that helps

7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I advertise with my company name on the side of my trailer, its decaled on there, its professional looking, and works well. plus the flyers, and those signs you put in the ground work well too, all grab attention, and keep it, so I'm makin money.