Best Way To Advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FreshCutLawnCare, Aug 27, 2008.

1. FreshCutLawnCare

FreshCutLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am trying to start up my own Lawn business and just wondering if anyone has any tips on what type of advertising to do? And the best time to get the advertisments out?

F@#$ the Corprate World! :usflag:

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Search button works great!
  3. FreshCutLawnCare

Right on man!

4. CMLandscaping32

CMLandscaping32 LawnSite Member

Flyers my man
  5. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

In my opinion, spring is the most effective time to market, since their lawn is fresh on your potential customers mind. can create professional looking flyers or door hangers for you to pass out to get started canvasing in your target neighborhoods. They also offer postcards, brochures, newsletters, posting lawn signs and more. They offer great prices for quantities between 500-1,000. They also provide layout ideas and free design services included in their price. Just pick a layout idea and tell them what you want it to say and they put it together for you.

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Craigslist has worked well for me, but not really this time of the year, unless they are one time jobs.

I picked up 20 accounts from CL alone in about 1 1/2 months earlier in the year.
  7. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I am at 10 weekly and 11 biweekly on my second year by passing out doorhangers only. Next year I will start cold calling for commercials and other small things like newspaper ads.
  8. TCS Landscaping

TCS Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from Zone 9

Door to door is the number one way to get new clients.
  9. FreshCutLawnCare

Thanks guys! When it comes time do you think I should spend the money and get ACTUAL door hangers or would flyers be ok? Personally I think the door hangers are more professional! Just curious!
  10. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Newspaper and flyers