best way to advertise

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wrrjr62, Jan 26, 2004.

1. wrrjr62

wrrjr62 LawnSite Member

Am new in the business. Just want some advice on how to start advertising. Also how soon should I start.

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome wrrjr62,

my piece of advice, is door hangers. They are fairly cheap, and you are able to target the specific areas you want to work in. Do a search on here about them, and where to buy them, and start designing now! You want them ready so you can get them out right before the season starts, maybe March sometime.
    Another thing is get some shirts with your logo on them, and wear them everywhere. People need to start seeing it everywhere, so they can remember it.
    Also try and get your vehicle signed with your name and number, that gets noticed everywhere.

Main point is start to carry a professional image for your company, and it will carry over the image you want people to associate with the work you do.

I've posted a few of my flyers and door hangers on here, as many people do. Look through them, and get some ideas, and start making up some. Then post and get some good feedback from people here. This forum is a great place to learn. The search feature will help you find just about anything you need to.

Good luck with the business!

3. wrrjr62

wrrjr62 LawnSite Member

Thanks Twins_Lawn _Care, How can I find the flyers and door hangers you have posted so I can see them

4. twins_lawn_care

I'll make it a bit easier and put some here for you.

Attached Files:

5. twins_lawn_care

flyers...

Attached Files:

6. twins_lawn_care

keep trying until one works!

I just use microsoft word to come up with some basic stuff. There is a lot you can do with just the simple tools, so let your imagination go to work.

I would suggest making up a couple designs, and ask a few people which one they like, which one would they read, which one cathes their eye, etc.

Attached Files:

7. twins_lawn_care

so many different attempts....

Attached Files:

8. twins_lawn_care

What I have learned by doing a lot of different ones, is you want them to be short, and to the point. Make them recognice your name, and get your point across in very short bullets.

The thing is keep improving as you go.
    This year I am going with this door hanger design I came up with...

Attached Files:

9. wrrjr62

wrrjr62 LawnSite Member

Thanks Alot!!!!

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

those hangers are nice TWINS