Best Way to Buy Landscape Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by guitarman2420, Oct 26, 2013.

1. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to finally buy a NEW landscape trailer. I've had used ones since we started our business but am now expanding and have decided to buy at least one new 16-20' landscape trailer (open). I want a box on the front for supplies, along with racks. My question is, should I buy a base unit and then have a local trailer shop weld all the pieces on, or find someone who sells a ready made unit? I'm having trouble finding dealers who sell anything but basic trailers in Virginia.

2. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the trailer you want and then have fab/welder put what YOU want on.

3. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out all pro west is Mechanicsburg pa. don't know where you are in VA but the drive time would be less than you fab time.

4. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Superior trailer sales in virginia beach va they sell the trailers and can do whatever you want done to them great people
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. guitarman2420

Thanks for all the information. I'll check with both vendors mentioned.

6. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Avoid superior trailer sales over priced. Bad customer services the messed up my title of origin last October and still have not made it right. I bought a new trailer from Commonwealth trailer in sandstone they order the trailer I wanted. Also its cheaper to have a fan shop put on what you want where you want it. From a dealer it where the manufacture puts it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

What type of trailer was it gqll
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. guitarman2420

Found a great deal on a 16" landscape trailer with side and back ramps, with head box and weedeater rack from Traylor in Texas for $2,995. (New) Anyone ever use them?