1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best way to carry trimmers on your Ztr??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeereHauler, Mar 2, 2008.

1. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i have some fairly large accounts and my goal is to carry the trimmers on the ztrs when needed. most accounts we walk a long way to trim one little area, and its just a waste of time. i have had employees try to carry the trimmers at their feet and the special racks would be cheaper than the repair bill when they break the trimmer. i have seen a couple different ways to mount trimmers to your equipment, and i want to see what people are using, how they like it, and prices.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just carry the trimmer on the floor pan and lay the shaft across my shoulder.
  3. DeereHauler

i don't want to make a second trip, i want the trimmer there the whole time, so when i get to that far away spot i jump off and trim, and then go back to mowing.

trying to avoid "holdig the trimmer" like i said, guys drop them, and the break.
  4. dgZtrak737

dgZtrak737 LawnSite Member

I think jungle jims makes a rack for your mower. I have thought about getting one myself
    This has nothing to do with what your talking about, but I was interested to know how you liked your bagger on your 757. Does it have the new powerflow.
  5. DeereHauler

from what i understand i do have the newer unit. i don't know anything about the older unit. i love the entire system, on and off in minutes. i keep the rear frame on my trailer, and the powerflow, bags, and tube in my truck bed. i don't bag a lot, so this system is great. it has been very strong, and reliable. i have it on the Mulch on demand deck, which deere says it shouldn't be, but it still works great. i can partially close the mod when bagging, and only take half of the clipping, and the rest gets mulched up for the customers.

how i miss a clean mower...

extras 088.jpg
  6. dgZtrak737

dgZtrak737 LawnSite Member

Thats a really good idea.
    Does that powerflow ever clog up? Does the motor ever offer to bog down
  7. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

trimmer trap sell something to hold trimmer on mower and on/off in minutes
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

yes jungle jims has a rack...the trimmer mate I think is the name. I have one sitting in the shop that I need to mount this week. I'm like you...I have a couple jobs where there is one little spot that needs trimming and it feels like it is a mile from the truck. Sure would be nice to have that trimmer there, jump off and get it trimmed and get back to mowing. Only thing is its red and gonna clash with that Everride yellow paint.....:hammerhead:
  9. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a set of Xtreme Racks on my Bad Boy and they hold the equipment real good :)
    I have to be careful though, I've already bent a trimmer shaft by getting too close to a tree... :cry:
  10. mksavage

mksavage LawnSite Member

I use Jungle Jim Trimmer mate, it a 2 piece set-up , works great, I have it mounted on a Great Dane Chariot, I'll see if I can post a pic. I have a cemetary that to get to it , it's a 1/2 mile easment thru private property
    and they won't allow a truck & trailer on site,The trimmer mate makes it